I'm a Postdoctoral Associate in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Duke University, working with Dr. Neil Gong. I obtained my Ph.D. degree from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at The Ohio State University in August 2022, advised by Dr. Jia (Kevin) Liu. I am broadly interested in different areas of security, privacy, and machine learning.
I am on the 2023-24 job market!
Honors and Awards
- USENIX Security Symposium’20 paper measured as one of the Normalized Top-100 Security Papers since 1981.
- The Web Conference Student Travel Grant, 2021.
- IEEE ICC Student Travel Grant, 2020.
- Research Excellence Award, Iowa State University, 2020.
- ACSAC Student Conferenceship Award, 2018.
Selected Publications [Full List]
Data Poisoning Attacks and Defenses to Crowdsourcing Systems. PDF
Minghong Fang, Minghao Sun, Qi Li, Neil Zhenqiang Gong, Jin Tian, and Jia Liu.
In Proc. The Web Conference (WWW), 2021 (acceptance rate: 20.6%).
FLTrust: Byzantine-robust Federated Learning via Trust Bootstrapping. PDF
Xiaoyu Cao*, Minghong Fang*, Jia Liu, and Neil Zhenqiang Gong.
In Proc. NDSS, 2021 (*co-primary authors, acceptance rate: 15.2%).